Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Export a segment from Strava/Training Peaks for Routes onto Suunto 9

I downloaded a .gpx from Strava and a .fit.gz (zipped .fit) from Training Peaks. When I attempted to edit the extracted Training Peaks .fit it was too corrupted to use so I had to check out the Strava .gpx. 

I had to first convert it and I used a free app called GPSBabel (gpsbabel.org) to convert the .gpx to a .fit so I could extract a segment of the run, then use GPSBabel again to convert the new .fit to .gpx so the Suunto 9 could use it for my waypoints/track.

Very painful all around and took a bit longer than planned, mostly because I didn't know it would fail, or what formats I needed. I could do it a fraction of the time now, like maybe 5 minutes total now that I know the process.

My loss is your gain, here are the steps you need depending of course on what your watch requires.




No comments:

Post a Comment